Header Ads


PROMOTE YOUR MUSIC >> MUSIC VIDEO >> COMEDY SKIT >> DISTRIBUT YOUR MUSIC TO ALL DIGITAL PLATFORM >> MAKE MONEY ON YOUTUBE >> CALL NOW: 08136514077.......>>>
Home Music Instrumental Videos News Comedy Movies Free Browsing cheats 18+ Videos Free Bet Codes


Is Hushpupi still alive,Is he guilty of his charges,has hushpupi gone to prison?See jamb questions people ask about hushpupi.See where hushpupi is been held .

 


Hushpuppi's lawyer says FBI 'kidnapped' Nigerian Instagrammer from Dubai.

A Nigerian man accused of multimillion-dollar fraud and concealment by the us was kidnapped by the FBI from Dubai, his lawyer says.

Ramon Olorunwa Abbas - known to his 2.5 million Instagram followers as Ray Hushpuppi - and another cyber-heist suspect Olalekan Jacob Ponle (aka Mr Woodberry) were arrested in Dubai, where they lived, in June.

They then appeared during a Chicago court on 3 July.

The United Arab Emirates has no extradition treaty with the us but Dubai police said that they had been extradited to the US.

A spokesman for the US Department of Justice told the BBC that Hushpuppi was expelled from Dubai and wasn't extradited. He didn't answer how he ended up in US custody.

What does Hushpuppi's lawyer say?
Mr Abbas' lawyer Gal Pissetzky told the BBC that his client, who posts on Instagram about his extravagant lifestyle, wasn't a criminal and had made his money legitimately.

"He may be a social media influencer with many followers, with many folks that respect and loved him, and he loved them, and that is what he did. In today's society, that's a business," he said.

Mr Pissetzky admits that he's not "100% familiar" with social media and his children consider him too old but he knows "that's how people make money today".


Transparent line
The Chicago defence lawyer's argument that Hushpuppi was paid by designer brands for promotion has set the stage for what promises to be an extended trial in American courts.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) accuses Mr Abbas, 37, of conspiring to launder many many dollars from frauds referred to as Business Email Compromise (BEC) and other scams.

Did the US act legally?
It is the newest high-profile fraud case involving a Nigerian national within the us but his lawyer says the US had no authority to move him from Dubai.

"In my opinion, the FBI and therefore the government here acted illegally once they kidnapped him from Dubai with none legal process to try to to so," Mr Pissetzky told the BBC.

"There was no extradition, there have been no legal steps taken, there have been no court documents filed, it had been simply a call to the FBI. he's not a citizen of the us , the US had absolutely no authority to require him," his lawyer says.

But the Dubai police said during a Facebook post that the FBI director had thanked them for extraditing the 2 men.

"You'll need to ask them about why they called it an extradition," the US Department of Justice (DoJ) spokesman responded in an email.

In a statement about Mr Abbas' initial court appearance , the DoJ said "FBI special agents earlier in the week obtained custody of Abbas and brought him to the United States" without giving any longer details.

Mr Pissetzky isn't convinced.

"If Dubai wanted to expel him, they ought to have expelled him back to Nigeria. I've never heard of anything like that. that's the important story here.

Hushpuppi: What has happened to him in America so far

A suspected Nigerian internet fraudster, Ramon Abbas, popularly referred to as Hushpuppi, is spending his fifth day at the Metropolitan Correction Centre in Chicago.

Mr Abbas, 37, who was resident in Dubai, was known for living an extravagant lifestyle and flaunting it on social media.

He was arrested recently in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and extradited to the U.S on July 3.

He made his introduction during a U.S court, Friday morning, in Chicago, consistent with a handout from the U.S Department of Justice.

Below may be a diary of what has transpired in court thus far as obtained by PREMIUM TIMES

03/07/20: Hushpuppi had his initial court appearance and removal proceedings before Honourable Judge Jeffrey T. Gilbert.
He appeared in response to his arrest and deportation from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates on July 2. By agreement and consent of all the parties and pursuant to the CARES Act, all parties appear by telephone conference.

During the proceeding, Hushpuppi was informed of his rights, the character of the fees and therefore the maximum penalties. Santino Coleman of the Federal Defender Panel was assigned as counsel for him for these initial appearance and removal proceedings. Hushpuppi waived an identity hearing.

RAMON OLORUNWA ABBAS, aka “Ray Hushpuppi, arrested by Dubai Police
The Court finds that Hushpuppi is that the person named within the bench warrant issued within the Central District of California. The defendant was informed of his rights under Rule 20 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure. the govt orally moved for removal in custody supported 18 U.S.C. § 3142(f) (2)(A).

In accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 3142(f)(2)(A), a continued removal and detention hearing was set for July 8 at 11:00 a.m. via telephone conference. The court’s call-in number and access code were provided.


03/07/2020: RULE 5(c)(3) Affidavit in Removal Proceedings concerning Hushpuppi was signed by Judge Honorable Jeffrey T. Gilbert.

This is where Hushpuppi is being detained in U.S.




Suspected Nigerian Internet fraudster, Ramon Abbas, widely referred to as Hushpuppi, is being detained during a federal jail in Chicago, Illinois, officials have said.

After he appeared in court on July, 3, Honourable Judge Jeffrey T. Gilbert ordered him detained at the Metropolitan Correctional Centre in Chicago, Illinois.

Thom Mrozek, the director of Media Relations at the us Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that the Nigerian is being held at the federal jail.

“He is due back in court in Chicago …, at which era we'll learn more about his detention status and whether there'll be further proceedings in Chicago,” Mr Mrozek said in response to an inquiry by this newspaper.

“At some point, the proceedings will move to l. a. , where the case is being prosecuted. The charging document is that the criminal complaint, which we've made available.”

The Metropolitan Correctional Centre in Chicago may be a 45-year old us federal prison which holds male and feminine prisoners.

It is one among the 122 federal prisons operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP), a division of the us Department of Justice.

It currently holds 567 of the 131,116 inmates in BOP-operated facilities.

According to a piece of writing published in Wikipedia, MCC Chicago was designed by architect Harry Weese.


The article added, “Construction began in 1971 and therefore the facility opened in 1975. The building may be a right-angled triangle shape, extrudes 28 stories, and features a rooftop exercise yard




No comments

Powered by Blogger.